I had high hopes for a day of independence...one kid-free day after the abomination that was yesterday. One day in which to get many things done and crossed off the list. What happened? Well, I got some things done, but I just missed my little sidekick. Something awful.
I took Drake to Ms. Tami's house this morning so I could go to a dentist appointment, a doctor appointment, a failed attempt at another appointment and just have some time to do the things that are virtually impossible with a 9 (almost 10!) month old clinging to your side like a growth. I was curious about how he'd do, given that he hadn't been there in over a month. He didn't quite seem to recognize the place when we walked in, but he recognized Tami right away and went to her. Phew! When I picked him up, early of course because I couldn't stand being away from him any longer, she said he had had a ball all day, playing with his little buddies.
That freaking fascinates me! I mean, the kid can't talk, he can't walk, he doesn't yet know right from wrong (though we're starting to work on that) but he has made FRIENDS. How cool is that?! I suppose spending 5 days a week with someone for 6 months does force one to form some type of bond, but friendship at 9 (almost 10) months old? Pretty cool. His best buds from daycare are Finn, Layton, and Drew. Drew doesn't quite count because he is Tami's son and in the 4th grade, but I swear that kid loves Drake and Drake loves him. When Drake was staying there while I was working, many a day I'd walk in the door to pick him up and see Drew tickling him or talking to him or playing with him. He went so far as to ask his mom if they could "buy" him. How cute is that?! Tami says Drew will probably be the one to have 10 kids someday, and I don't doubt it. At this rate he'll make a killer dad.
I wish I could've seen what those three boys did all day long. Drake was EXHAUSTED tonight and feel asleep, fully clothed, at 7:05. A good 25 minutes before his bedtime. I didn't have the heart to wake him up and put his PJs on, so he can sleep in his playclothes. Who cares?!
Here's to friends everywhere, young and old. 'Night!
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment