Two realizations from today:
1. Alone time is sacred time.
2. I miss men.
Before you laugh out loud at the second realization, let me elaborate on each.
1. Alone time is sacred time. Now that I spend virtually 24/7 with a 9 month old boy, and the remainder of my time with him plus a 33 year old man, and 2 crotchety cats, any chance I have to be alone is like a godsend. A small miracle. It's not that I don't love being around others; trust me, I'm a very social person and I do, but when you have limited time to yourself you learn to relish it. A lot. Take tonight, for example. By total fluke, Bill and I both made plans independently. I had a neighborhood party to go to, ladies only, and he had poker night. So, I went to my party for 45 minutes while he put the Wee to bed and he is at poker night until he wants to come home. (It's okay, tomorrow I'm spending the better part of the day with girlfriends so we're practically even.) I've been joking about wanting company tonight but secretly I'm SO GLAD it's just me and my sleeping baby. And the crotchety cats. And a bottle of merlot, and a frozen CPK pizza. Heaven. Seriously! I have been very productive with my time thus far. Besides writing this post, I've tidied up the living room, sent a couple of texts, downloaded some news songs on iTunes and eaten my pizza. How's that for productivity? God I love being alone. It's so freeing! Some people might see it as lonely but I see it as liberating. So, I will relish and enjoy the next couple of hours wholeheartedly...unless I fall asleep.
2. I miss men. I can't help it. I love playdates and playgroups and hanging with other women, but sometimes I just miss MEN. Period. My dear friend, a man we'll leave unnamed, called me last night and it was the greatest thing in the world to hear his voice. There is just something about the interaction between women and men that is so unique and awesome, and I miss it! A little. Okay, a lot sometimes. But I'll get over it. Besides, Drake is the coolest dude I've ever known. Bill's pretty awesome too.
That's it for tonight. I am going to pour another glass, download another song and put my PJ's on. Because I can. Much love!
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment